jQuery Fileuploader Plugin
jQuery fileuploader plugin is a powerful plugin which was designed for simplicity. It was inspired by uploadify but its functionality and concept is different. The plugin was born because I do love uploadify, but after using it in several projects especially cakephp media plugin implementation, I find a hard time installing it. Due to desperation that I really need a plugin, I decided to create mine and started conceptualizing jquery fileuploader plugin. Its objective was to make file upload much simpler but looks like uploadify.
jQuery fileuploader uses html5 api which support ajax upload and drag and drop, and fallback to iframe upload for legacy browsers. It creates multiple forms to process multiple uploads. Each form can be processed by single upload script. You don't to need to write a controller that process multiple upload since each form is passed as a single file. So you can now upload multiple files even your upload controller can only process one upload at a time.
- Multiple File Upload Capabilities
- Html5 Drag & Drop:
- Allows uploading files by dragging them from your desktop or file manager and dropping them on your browser window.
- Upload progress bar
- Use html5 progress if your browser supported it and use mock progress for legacy browsers
- Platform Independent (Ruby on rails, ASP, java)
- Cancelable uploads:
- Individual file uploads can be canceled to stop the upload progress.
- Extensive Documentation with Examples
- No browser plugins (e.g. Adobe Flash) required:
- Tested on: IE7+, Firefox 3.0+, Google Chrome, Safari